Thursday 6 June 2013

Real life times

I promise! Also I'm just terrible at posting titles that are even remotely entertaining. Gonna have to work on that one. Anyways, this blog post is the boring kind so if you're not into that sort of thing feel free to move on to the next blog. I won't be offended (much) ha ha.

When I started this blog I listed off all these things I was going to post about. Kids, weight loss, university, and the trials of trying to juggle all of these things in one life. Which is lots of fun (not) let me tell you. Well I was thinking last night that I have done a lot of not blogging about that stuff and maybe I would toss out an update for anyone who is the teeniest bit interested. I suppose I'll start at the top and work my way down.

In my first post (I think) I mentioned wanting to blog about my children mostly because sometimes children can be funny but also trying. The other reason I wanted to write about them was because my eldest has Aspergers Syndrome, and I have found whilst trolling the blogosphere that while there is a great community of moms/parents out there who are all experiencing much the same thing I am, there is also a lot of perfect parents. Or so it seems. This is a hard topic to broach because its going to make me sound like a terrible person, I think, but I find that so many of these other parents of ASD kids are so very understanding and wonderful with everything related to their child's specific needs that I just feel inadequate. Where are the insecure moms? Where are the moms who get frustrated with behaviors that we know are out of our child's control but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with? *waves hand in the air* Here's one! Right here! I'm far from perfect, and while I like to think I'm doing a good job, the best I can anyways, its hard to stack up against these "perfect" personas all over the internet. So I stopped reading blogs of parents with kids on the spectrum, because it just made me feel like crap. I thought however that I can't be the only one in this position so if there are any other parents out there feeling lost, totally insecure about their decisions, and generally just a little bit crazy with the pressure to be the wonderful, understanding, endlessly patient human being, please comment, because you are not alone and it would be nice to know that I am not either. And next.

I have absolutely fallen off the weight loss wagon. I actually ended up going to get my thyroid checked because I was having so much trouble with it. However it appears my thyroid is ok, I also don't have diabetes or high cholesterol so I'll just have to try and get back on the wagon. But its hard ok? That makes me sound like a whiner I know, however once again I know I'm not the only one struggling with this and dammit its discouraging when your weight yo-yos like crazy even though you are exercising and all that. It makes it real easy to just give up and pig out on potato chips. And next.

Possibly the only thing that is actually happy and awesome right now (please don't take that sentence to mean that my children are not happy and awesome, because they most certainly are.) is that I'm one step closer to actually going to school in September and I'm so freaking excited! I chose my classes on Monday night so I now have an official schedule and all that. Of course this means I also now have an official tuition payment to make but I'll cross that bridge with the bill actually comes in. So for anyone interested I'm taking Biological Anthropology, Latin and French. The Anthro and French because those will be my major and minor respectively, when I transfer into the degree program next year. And the Latin because I think its cool, and also to spite my dad who told me Latin is a dead language and why would I take it. Well dad, its gonna be a lot less dead when I start spouting it at you all the time and refusing to translate. Muah ha ha ha.

So that's all my life time updates for the time being, I promise the next post will be more rant-y less serious life stuff.  On that note though, part of the reason I started this blog was to connect with other people in similar life situations, so please anyone reading this who feels any resonance with these topics, comment and I'll answer. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Not a boring post, for the record. You took your life things (which are interesting to me anyways) and wrote them in your ever-so-eloquent and witty way. :)

    ReplyDelete