Friday 15 February 2013

Good Mood!

Just a small update as I am actually in a good mood today. I biked my 10 km yesterday, and it occurs to me just now that not all the people reading this are located in Canada. Therefore...10 km = 6.21 miles. But that sounds way lamer than 10 so I'm gonna keep going by our measurement system thank you! Also lost another 2 lbs.. go me! Its finally starting to show a little bit, after just over a month of work. I still have a LONG way to go yet, but its nice to see some results.

I totally forget to share this yesterday too but after my rant about Pinterest I sat here on Feb 13th and made 26 little heart shaped valentines out of red and pink construction paper for my daughter to take to school for her class. We laid them all out on the kitchen table when they were done so the glue could dry before she wrote on them. (For the record she is 10 and easily could have made these herself, in fact she's always making shit out of everything in my house. God forbid I throw away a shoe box or egg carton. But, she has Aspergers and ADHD and get distracted easily, and she had homework to do. So I made them, because I'm nice like that.) Anyway while they were all laid out on the table there with my Pinterest rant fresh in my mind I thought to myself FUCK I should totally take a picture and post that shit on-line  I didn't though, because my phone was dying so the camera wouldn't work and I was far too lazy to go get my real camera, take a picture, put the memory card in my computer, upload the picture, then upload it to Facebook  See, and this is another part of my issue with these Pinterest mom's and their (so called) perfect fucking life. Parents don't actually have time for all that crap, or they are too lazy/tired. So when you are staging photos to show off how organic/home-made/crafty etc. your house and lifestyle are...are you not then taking away time you could be spending with your children? Which is not to say I don't take pictures of my kids, I do. When they are playing nicely and stuff I love to get the camera out and take pictures. I'm referring to this phenomenon of setting up an elaborate set and changing your child's outfit and everything just to get the perfect "candid" photo of how awesome your life is.

Wow that turned out to by longer than I thought it would, apparently even when I'm in a great mood I can still find time to rant. Doesn't that make you smile? It makes me smile, or possibly the prospect of shots later is what's making me smile. Who knows? See ya :)

1 comment: